In 2009, the Illinois General Assembly passed the Video Gaming Act, which allows for the expansion of gaming in Illinois. This Act allows for video gaming machines in bars, restaurants, fraternal organizations, licensed veterans establishments and truck stops, provided there is approval from the local municipality.
We welcome a conversation with elected officials to advance and protect industry interests. We support legislative policies that:
- Maintain local control of gaming approval and management.
- Provide measures to ensure a responsible gaming environment.
- Spur economic growth and competition.
The IRGOA supports all efforts to ensure a safe environment for our customers and communities through responsible gaming and alcohol use. If you or someone you know may have a gambling problem, please seek assistance. 24-Hour National Problem Gambling Helpline - 800.522.4700
What is problem gambling?
Problem gambling is a serious disorder with specific warning signs. If any of these warnings apply to you, please seek help as soon as possible:
- Preoccupation with gambling
- Talks only about wins, not losses
- Gambles as a way to escape from problems
- Hides gambling losses from family members
- Borrows money to fund gambling
- Withdrawal from family and friends
- Inability to stop or cut back on gambling
Visit The Illinois Alliance on Problem Gambling for more resources: http://illinoisalliance.org